WITTE Y SOLÀ HAS BEEN AWARDED WITH GOLD MEDAL AS RECOGNITION FOR OUR ACHIEVEMENTS IN “CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY”
ECOVADIS, a company specialized in the world’s most reliable business sustainability ratings, has audited us in relation to our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Our overall evaluation is in the 93rd percentile, which means that we are equal to or better than 93% of the companies evaluated, and above the average for our sector. In addition, we are the fifth company with the best score in our sector.
The evaluation consisted of a review of the following areas:
– Labor practices and human rights
– Sustainable purchases
The strengths of WYS in these areas are:
• ENVIRONMENT: Environmental policy with relevant issues, ISO14001 Certification, Adhered to the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), The company communicates its progress with respect to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), Environmental emergency procedures , Waste management, Direct CO2 emissions reports, Energy consumption reports, Significant environmental aspects reports.
• LABOR PRACTICES AND HUMAN RIGHTS: Appropriate policy, Work climate survey, Emergency and evacuation plan, Company Committee, Provision of PPE to employees, Internal audits on health and safety issues, Joint Committee for occupational health and safety management in operation, detailed assessment of risks to the health and safety of employees, reports on the rate of severity and frequency of accidents.
• ETHICS: Acknowledgment of receipt by employees of business ethics policies, Information security policy, Anti-corruption and bribery policies, Specialized responsibility for business ethics issues, Measures to protect data from unauthorized access or disclosure customers, Specific approval procedure for sensitive transactions (eg gifts)
• SUSTAINABLE PURCHASING: Sustainable sourcing policies regarding environmental issues, Periodic evaluation of suppliers (eg questionnaire) on environmental or social practices.
With this recognition, WYS reaffirms its commitment to sustainability and business ethics in accordance with its corporate values.